The Purpose of this Position:
The appointed candidate will assign and direct all work performed in the branch and supervise all areas of operation. He/she will manage staff, foster a positive environment, and ensure high levels of customer satisfaction and proper, and profitable, branch operation. The successful candidate will have a hands-on approach and will be committed to the expansion and success of the business by implementing strategies that increase productivity and enable the achievement of all performance metrics and budgets.
Duties & Responsibilities but not limited to the following:
- Direct all operational aspects including distribution, operations, customer service, human resources, administration, and sales.
- Assess local market conditions and identify current and prospective sales opportunities.
- Develop forecasts, financial objectives, and business plans.
- Meet agreed goals and metrics.
- Full Profit and Loss, Balance Sheet and Cashflow responsibility of the branch, with ability to manage budgeting and the allocation of funds appropriately.
- Bring out the best in the branch’s personnel by providing training, coaching, development, and motivation.
- Locate areas of improvement and propose corrective actions that meet challenges and leverage growth opportunities.
- Share knowledge with other branches and head office on effective practices, competitive intelligence, business opportunities and operational best-practice.
- Address customer and employee satisfaction issues promptly.
- Adhere to high ethical standards and comply with all regulations/applicable laws.
- Network to improve the performance, presence and reputation of the branch and company.
- Stay abreast of competing markets and provide reports on market movement and penetration.
- Report on results at an Exco level.
Desired Experience & Qualification:
- Matric + 3 Years relevant tertiary/business qualification.
- At least 3 years of branch or business management experience.
- Knowledge of capital equipment sales and rental, including parts & service is advantageous.
- Strong computer skills (Microsoft Office, Word, and Excel).
- Proven knowledge of modern management techniques and best practices.
- Strong sales orientation with ability to meet sales targets and goals.
- Familiarity with industry’s rules and regulations would be advantageous.
- Excellent organisational skills.
- People centric, and results driven, with a strong customer focus.
- Strong leadership qualities and the proven ability to manage a team.
- Local travel (within SA) will be required, although not extensive.