The Purpose of this Position:
Reporting directly to the Goscor Group CEO, the General Manager for Goscor Industrial will be responsible for all aspects of the GI business nationwide, and will hold a position on the Goscor Group Exco.
Duties and Responsibilities to include, but not be limited to, the following:
- Managing the entire staff complement, and to drive a culture of achievement and success within the business.
- Achievement of sales and profitability budgets / targets for all departments within the business.
- Prudent management of operating expenses, net working capital and cash.
- Achievement of relevant financial ratios and targets.
- Risk management.
- Management of stock levels.
- Development and growth of team members so that everyone reaches their potential in a high-paced and energised environment.
- Preparing and delivering monthly results to the exco / board.
- Setting the business on a growth path and then managing this growth to be profitable and cash generative. In particular, focus on providing a high quality service to Goscor customers, provided in a timely and efficient manner. Driving the New and Used Equipment sales and rental departments of this business.
- Expanding the geographic footprint of the business.
- Ensuring adherence to all statutory, H&S and Group requirements.
Skills / Qualifications:
- Experience of full P&L and Balance Sheet responsibility for multi-million Rand Equipment sales, Servicing and Rental businesses, branches or BU’s.
- Some finance and accounting knowledge and experience.
- The ability to handle complexity, ambiguity, and multiple data streams.
- The ability to practice timely, but accurate, decision-making.
- The ability to condense all information into clear management-level reports.
- Persuasive and clear communication skills with all parties (customers, employees, suppliers and management.)
- A team player with impeccable problem-solving skills and the ability to make well-considered decisions.
- Excellent motivational skills and the ability to build and lead a high-performing team.
- Superior listening, verbal, and written communication skills (bi/multilingualism a plus.)
- The ability to present clearly and concisely at an Exco / Board level.
- The ability to continuously deliver results in a high-pressured environment and to meet tight deadlines.