The Purpose of this Position:
The successful candidate will be the IT person overseeing the IT Applications within our business. The role will be taking responsibility for all application IT projects and to supervise the applications team. The Applications Team leader will establish, oversee, and help to implement & maintain a high degree of relevant business-suited application configurations, cultivate a stakeholder adoption methodology, and oversee the successful delivery of application projects. Key to this role is the effective alignment of strategic business goals to the application or ERP systems they use. Focused on standardising the applications landscape and development of a strong working system usage culture, the team leader will must engage with business managers, vendors, and other stakeholders to drive the formation of an integrated digital environment within the group.
Project management and successful project delivery is an important aspect of this role, where the team leaders ensure projects are running on time, within scope and budget. Relevant escalations and appropriate communication to business managers, business unit heads and to the CIO will be an important aspect of this role. Scheduling of work and project resources and working closely with vendors to ensure they adhere to agreed SLA’s is important to the success of this role.
- Ensuring that the use of applications aligns to the company’s standard and business objectives.
- Establishing and maintaining of best practices in the use of applications.
- Oversee and provide input to secure and fit-for-purpose application integrations.
- Scope, document, plan and schedule application projects with the application team and relevant key stakeholders.
- Manage the application stakeholders Project.
- Plan, schedule and oversee system upgrades, disaster recovery and after hours support.
- Cultivate and improve group application system adoption to simplify the systems landscape and inculcate an integration culture.
- Establish standard learning management procedures for staff and application users.
- Ensure the relevant application governance procedures are implemented, maintained, and reported on. Example DR test done timeously and successfully; application infrastructure adequately being maintained etc.
- Vendor management and SLA performance management.
- Oversee the applications team.
- System configuration and set-ups for new companies, risk reduction and digital innovation.
- Expert assistance to the IT and business teams, offering relevant technical best practices expertise.
- Oversee the applications’ incident and problem management.
- Oversee the API integration layer and establish / implement secure standards of use thereof.
- Assist the team with Autoline and other application related projects such as business analytics.
- Change management, upskilling of stakeholders on specific areas of expertise.
- Coach, mentor and train staff / users and maintain a continuous improvement culture.
- Offer expert support and expertise.
- Ensure team follow adequate governance measures such as change management and project methodologies.
- Support team during disaster recovery testing and after-hours support.
Skills / Qualifications:
- Degree or diploma in Information Systems or a Business Management qualification.
- Minimum of 15 years working in Autoline Application implementation / support role.
- Business Analytics / Intelligence experience – minimum 5 years.
- Experience in overseeing a team of people.
- Exceptional team and people skills.
- A significant stakeholder engagement acumen, with a best practice mindset.
- Business analysis, system scoping, configuration, set-up, training, and handholding experience.
- Industrial and or Earthmoving equipment industry experience is a preferred.
- Strong understanding of risk identification and management.
- Vendor and partner management skills.
- A proven history in project execution, working with teams in delivering projects timeously and within budget.
- Ability to establish procedures, processes and enhance processes.
- An analytical mind set with excellent problem-solving skills.
- Good communication and presentation skills.