The successful candidate will be providing technical and diagnostic expertise within the workshop & service department and in doing so, advice and direct technicians on best practice methodologies for machine checks, repairs, and servicing as per customer requirements.
- Managing and controlling the smooth process of all new units PDI’s.
- Attending weekly production meeting.
- Holding toolbox talks with service staff.
- Keeping the Service Manager updated on the Workshop process.
- Providing instructions on carrying out diagnostic work and supporting technicians.
- Providing advice and support to technicians on technical matters.
- Coordinating and following up Warranty Claims.
- Coordinating and ensuring that Service Bulletins are completed and signed off.
- Carrying out fault diagnosis for speedy machine Pre-Delivery Inspections, Load Testing, and servicing.
- Co-operating in machine care and safety whilst working on machines.
- SHEQ & ISO responsibilities for the service department.
- Ensuring machines are returned to customer after-service in a neat and clean condition.
- Ensuring diagnosis leads to the most cost-effective and accurate remedy to fault or customer complaint.
- Completing forms and documentation included in the company’s service routine.
- Custodian of all machine Service and Parts Manuals.
- Drafting and preparing any reports required.
- Addressing and coordinating subordinates’ training requirements and development.
- Ensuring effective communication with staff, across departments, customers, and service providers.
Qualifications and Competencies Required:
- Must have a Diesel / Auto Electric / Forklift trade test certificate.
- At least five years relevant post trade qualified experience or similar.
- Supervisory or management experience would be advantageous.
- Candidate must be computer literate (Outlook, Excel and Word).
- Technical Aptitude.
- Must be able to communicate with customers at all levels.
- Must adhere to all SHE requirements.
- Well-disciplined and self-motivated